School Breakfast Grants School
Breakfast is more than a meal: It helps fight hunger, improves student focus, and reduces absenteeism. Your school can introduce or expand a school breakfast program with grants for $1,000, $2,000, or $3,000. Whether it's breakfast in the classroom, grab-and-go breakfast, or another breakfast program, help your students start their day right. Applications are open from February 4 through April 5, 2019.
Register for our breakfast grant webinar on February 21, 2019 to learn more.
View/download start-up application instruction guide.
View/download paper start-up application.
View/download sustainability application instruction guide.
View/download paper sustainability application.
Game On Grants
In order to get every kid healthy and ready to learn, our Game On grants provide funding and resources for schools to improve or introduce new nutrition and physical activity programs. With a $1,000 grant, you can build a school garden, get equipment for active recess, host taste tests, and other nutrition promotion, start a before- or after-school activity club, and more. Applications are open from February 4 through April 5, 2019.Register for our Game On grant webinar on February 20, 2019, to learn more.
View/download application instruction guide.
View/download paper application.
Parent-led GrantsParents: Here’s your chance to make your mark on school health! Apply for a $1,000 parent-led school grant that will provide funds and resources to revamp or introduce fitness or nutrition programs so that all students have access to healthy choices. Find out more.
Register for our parent-led school grant webinar on February 19, 2019 to learn more.
Questions? Contact your AFHK State Coordinator or SchoolGrants@ActionforHealthyKids.org.
- Monday, February 4, 2019 – School portal opens to accept applications
- Friday, April 5, 2019 – Applications due
- Monday, May 13, 2019 – Award notifications
- Friday, May 31, 2019 – School Terms and Conditions due
- Determine for which grant(s) your school will apply. Review the application and application instructions.
- Register for the grant webinar(s) to learn about specific grant details and eligibility requirements, and receive helpful tips for applying.
- We recommend that you complete a paper application with your school health team prior to submitting your application online. Once the paper application is complete, it will take ~30 minutes to submit online.
- Log in to or create an account on the school portal. Applications must be submitted online.
- Once there, connect your account with the school(s) for which you are applying. To do this, click on My Profile, then the Add or Manage Schools button.
- Click on Grants, and select the grant(s) for which your school would like to apply. Then, complete your application!